What have you done to your wagon lately? (Let's keep the thread going!)

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Dogbone, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    I love those kind of dreams. Even when you wake up and are kinda bummed because you don’t actually own the machine you were operating.

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

I have the same dreams, but with women.:disagree::slap:

3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Agreed.

4. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

I suppose, if each one was a hearse and each one was carrying a Three Stooge embalmed with that stuff you murdered Gomer with

5. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

So, I stopped by the body shop today, and the wagon has paint on it! I love the Medium Tan Metallic factory color. There's still more to do. Later today he plans to paint all the loose metal interior parts. And I'll be taking him all the guts for the tailgate. The tailgate window assembly is the part that scares me most.
    Meanwhile, the long term (eleven year) Charger restoration is due to come home from another body shop this weekend. Looks like I'll have two big projects to put back together this winter. I expect the Charger to be on the road by spring, but there are just too many parts and components for the wagon that won't be ready for months to think I can get it on the road any time soon.
    I was not planning or expecting to have parts for two cars spread out over the garage at the same time. This is crazy. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not sure I could even do a brake job by myself, much less a complete basket case project like this wagon. This will be a challenge, but I'm blessed with having some close friends who are willing to help.
    DSCN9495.JPG DSCN9499.JPG DSCN9496.JPG DSCN9504.JPG DSCN9456.JPG

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Grizz and 101Volts like this.
  6. OrthmannJ

Wow Jim! That's going to be a lot to deal with! I'm sure you can handle it though :thumbs2:

PS
    It looks like the paint on the wagon turned out fantastic!

101Volts and Jim 68cuda like this.
  7. Silvertwinkiehobo

Yeah it did!

Jim 68cuda likes this.
  8. ShagonWagon

ShagonWagon New Member

I know it doesn't seem like much but I dropped a battery in yesterday and it did bump over. The motor isn't stuck yeah!!
    Also the power windows and door locks worked too!

101Volts likes this.
  9. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Did some tinkering the other day and I have 2 questions: #1. Is there a spec. For the throttle body on my 87 cp. with the 5.0? I pulled it off and it seems like the valve isn’t closing all the way?? How much space should I have between the valve and the body? (See picture)
    #2: why is there coolant running to this thing?! Seems like that would make things significantly hotter?? Or maybe that’s the point? To me it just seems like more Ford f*ckery but that’s probably due to ignorance. Should I have posted this in the tech forum?!:huh:

Attached Files:

10. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

Coolant would be sent there, in order to prevent icing on a cold humid day. The vacuum alone will produce freezing temperatures, despite it being above-freezing atmospheric surrounding the car

11. jaxops

jaxops Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Just replaced a bad wheel bearing set on the RF wheel and repacked the LF ones. I also put a new set of steel-belted radial whitewalls on. The car is running great now!!

12. CudaNoChrome

CudaNoChrome Member

Wagon Garage:
    I have done absolutely NOTHING to my wagon in at least a year!!! Since I joined this forum (over THREE YEARS AGO), I have moved back home to take care of my elderly father (he passed in April), quit my job of many many years because of the stress, started a NEW job, fought a lawsuit over my father's estate, and JUST NOW have a life again...perhaps...maybe...can get back to working on Bernadette - didn't even make the local festival this year, haven't been to a car show in several years now... except our local VW show, REALLY need to get back into the swing of things.
    On the sidelines - MERRY CHRISTMAS and hope every one of you have a great New Year and may your longroofs bring you much joy in this season!! I'm ready to dive back in... :tiphat: :woohoo1:

fannie likes this.
  13. Silvertwinkiehobo

I'm sorry about your father's passing; my sincerest condolances, and I understand on the estate. My father passed two years ago Sunday, and it's been a slog just getting my family motivated to do anything about it. But, we're supposed to have the lawyer finally file sometime this week, and get my sister nominated to be the Executor. I'm hoping to have this all behind me in 2-3 months, so that I can complete my move to Texas. So hang in there, it's a loooooong tunnel, and the light at the end is not an incoming train, right? And if you haven't taken any recent pics of Bernadette, we'd certainly are hungry to see 'em.

fannie likes this.
  14. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

I was tempted to unwrap the W123 and drive it to our various Christmas day stops to deliver some cheer to others but I decided not to, even though the roads are dry there is quite a bit of loose sand and salt on them.

15. OrthmannJ

I am sorry to hear about this Cuda. My condolences as well.