Workshop/Garage wall art

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by lrbbiz, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

No really unique art pieces in my garage, but I do have some lighted signs, a wall paper mural, a reproduction gas pump, a bunch or reproduction tin signs, and framed automotive pictures and a whole lot of diecast cars, built models and a slot car track.

DSCN9479.JPG DSCN9463.JPG DSCN9466.JPG DSCN9467.JPG DSCN9482.JPG DSCN9483.JPG DSCN9471.JPG DSCN9472.JPG DSCN9478.JPG DSCN9469.JPG DSCN9475.JPG DSCN9474.JPG DSCN9463.JPG DSCN9466.JPG DSCN9467.JPG DSCN9482.JPG DSCN9483.JPG DSCN9471.JPG DSCN9472.JPG DSCN9478.JPG DSCN9469.JPG DSCN9475.JPG DSCN9474.JPG

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Timmayy, 60Mercman and Doghead like this.
  2. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

:drool: Would you kindly show us around this work of art?

3. Jim 68cuda

The stripes on the wall? I just painted the 68 Barracuda side stripes, 68 Dodge bumble bee stripes and 70 GTX stripes in red. The LED lighted Dodge and Plymouth signs I found at Carlisle. The green Barracuda convertible is one of 60 factory 1968 340 4 speed convertibles. At some point it will get the body work and paint it needs, but for now its a fun driver. I plan to change the color to blue. Most of these were green and I hate green. After years of searching, I finally gave up looking for a non-green car, and bought this one with the intention of changing the color to the 68 Electric Blue color. I also have a 318 automatic 68 convertible that was the same color but I had it repainted in the 68 only color of Surf Turquoise metallic. My 68 Charger RT was also green. It should be coming home from the body shop with a fresh coat of red paint within the next couple weeks. Found out that even at some of the most prestigious shows in the country, a color change is acceptable as long as its a factory color for the model year.

Doghead likes this.
  4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Man Jim, your shop, your cars, your signage and diecasts...
    I love it all. You are living the dream my friend.

That is very interesting. I have always thought Mopar folks were sticklers when it comes to stuff like that. I know FoMoCo guys can be real intense about it. My Father-in-law just finished a 5 year restoration on an R-code Mach 1. He changed the color from Indian Fire Red to Black Jade Metallic (which is a 69 FoMoCo color, used on Mustangs) There are some guys that think it's a travesty that he changed the color. :huh:

5. Jim 68cuda

Many are sticklers for everything being correct. But, I have found that there are alot of Mopar people out there who don't like Mopar's greens (and in some years on some models as many as 70% were green). Many of those people make an exception when the color change is away from green to some other factory color for the year. Others are fine with a color change from any color as long as the new color is a factory correct color for the year and model. But there are still many who don't want any change from factory specs. For me, I hate green, but love the cars, so I view the green ones as a blank slate. A guy I know locally recently brought home a trophy from the Concours show at Amelia Island for his freshly restored 68 Dodge Charger. He had switched from red to black on his to make his car look like the one in the Bullitt movie.

6. OrthmannJ

The way I figure it, if the car belongs to you, you should be able to make it however you want to so that you get enjoyment out of it.

Timmayy and Jim 68cuda like this.
  7. Safariknut

Safariknut Well-Known Member

And to that last statement I wholly concur. Definitely a beautiful and well organized garage;thanks for posting it.

Jim 68cuda likes this.
  8. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks Jim 68Cuda for the post. Always love to see other guys toys. You really have a neat space.

Jim 68cuda likes this.
  9. Timmayy

Timmayy Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Some of my stuff. In my garage, a shelf I made from a 56 DeSoto upper grille. Notice the wagon toy and Evel Knievel chain lube. I have since added more stuff to this wall.
    [​IMG]

In our house, a lamp I made from and old carb and scrap pieces.
    [​IMG]

In my grandsons room. An old Radio Flyer wagon with shelves. I drew that comic book cover for him also.
    [​IMG]

ModelT1, HotRodRacer and Doghead like this.
  10. Timmayy

Timmayy Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My attic stash. Albums along the walls, old framed car adds and lotsa toys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ModelT1, HotRodRacer and Doghead like this.
  11. OrthmannJ

Man Timmayy! You have got some neat stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Timmayy likes this.
  12. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I had a dream.........;)......... Now it's a nitemare!:yikes:
    Been back here in Illinoiz neearly 4-yrs. My old working traffic lite is still in the basement, my 1st old car grille, a 1931 Model A shell, radiator caps, old and not so old license plates, and old traffic signs are scattered in my 20X20 garage, the basement, and in the cars at my son's and son in law's house. All of those treasures, and more, were supposed to be around the yard for the neighbors to see, or complain about, long ago. :badwords: Even the shiny new replica orange pedal dump truck no one was allowed to touch, is someplace at our son's house.
    I gave up, my kids don't have time, so the little I did save will end up like those junk car sites, or at a yard sale for pennys on the dollar.:cry:
    I did finally discover YouTube and realize us old car nuts are not alone! At one time I thought my old school friends and newer Florida friends had a lot of junk. They do!
    It seems that junk has been handed down over many years by farmers, business men, and collectors before collecting was kool! Each time I see the largest collection, I see yet another large pile of cars and nice junk!

Attached Files:

13. Doghead

The jig is up, Sir! Where are you hiding these Dagmar headlights? :naughty: Naughty boy. I really need to get off my lazy @rs€ and get around to telling your wife

[​IMG]

Timmayy and ModelT1 like this.
  14. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I love those Dagmar headlights and the car.
    Got bored yesterday and turned YouTube on the TV. Apparently it's like the rest of the internet. It knows what I like even before I like it!
    It went directly to a visual tour of what appeared to be a long lost collection of old vehicles, strange old trucks with buses mounted on them, and what's left of an old mine, out west. Must have been over an hour long.
    Then before I could click, we were watching a ratrod show from 2019 in Vegas. I started to go to something else. But this was quite interesting. Again, most were weird combinations of trucks of all sizes, yet there were some customs, and wagons.
    It just re-proved to me, I'm almost normal! Here I am getting ready to send this file.
    Monkey Business.jpg
    Hope all members ae surviving this virus. I have noticed, even in our tiny neighborhood, people seem to be staying home more. It's spring so I expected them to at least be outside. It's actually 79 and sunny here in the midwest.
    Clever-Signs1.jpg

Doghead likes this.
  15. Doghead

Well, I wouldn't let the forum's sudden quitetness get your hopes down too much :evilsmile: